woensdag 8 december 2010

A new direction!

Most of you will know me as a lazy student who likes a beer and a laugh, but since the start of november i decided to throw my life around a little. I have been supporting my studies with money from poker for two years now and always took it serious from the start. I have had some doubts about my business studies for a few years and i realized that i didn't really like it that much ( yeah i'm kinda slow, took me 4 years). I was close to finishing my bachelor but with the pace i was studying at it would still take a long, long time. It was impossible for me to see myself behind a desk or having a career in business..
I realized i don't have any ambitions in that world so I figured id try something different.

It was time for a gamble in my life and quit my studies for at least a year and try it as a professional poker player (or an unemployed guy that spends way too much time on his hobby)! This sounds way more exciting than it is, I will be sitting behind my computer for hours a day and ill be frustrated about 25% of the time :) But the benefits of this job are huge, I can plan my own working hours, I can travel whenever and wherever I want and take my work with me. And how many people can honestly say they turned their hobby into a job? I'm also going to play a lot of tournaments live in the Netherlands but also abroad, playing 2-3 tournaments in the European circuit and going to Vegas in June for the world series. There are also plans to stay abroad for a month and play online with friends but we have not decided on a month or a country. Think ill spend about 25% of my time on the road and the rest of the time with my roommates in Groningen in my old student House ( stay in school guys).
I'm not going to bore you guys with results or with analyzing hands and stuff on this blog.

Ok one hand :D!

PokerStars Game #53483114701: Tournament #336692444, $220+$10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2010/11/30 1:12:45 CET [2010/11/29 19:12:45 ET]
Table '336692444 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Hero (970 in chips) 
Seat 2: micide (2030 in chips) 
micide: posts small blind 15
Hero: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [3d Jd]
micide: raises 30 to 60
Hero: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [7d 9d 4s]
Hero: checks 
micide: bets 60
Hero: raises 90 to 150
micide: calls 90
*** TURN *** [7d 9d 4s] [Qs]
Nimby88: checks 
micide: checks 
*** RIVER *** [7d 9d 4s Qs] [2c]
Hero: checks 
micide: bets 450
Hero: said, "lol so sick"
Hero: said, "jack high"
Hero: calls 450
*** SHOW DOWN ***
micide: shows [5s 3s] (high card Queen)
Hero: shows [3d Jd] (high card Queen - Jack kicker)
Hero collected 1320 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1320 | Rake 0 
Board [7d 9d 4s Qs 2c]
Seat 1: Hero (big blind) showed [3d Jd] and won (1320) with high card Queen
Seat 2: micide (button) (small blind) showed [5s 3s] and lost with high card Queen





It's going to be all amusing poker anecdotes, traveling stories, drinking stories and my progress towards my goals this year. Which brings me to my last point of this rant, I have set some goals for next year. They are all badly thought trough and conflicting with each other just like everything else in my life :D

Goals 2011:

- Have as much fun as possible
- Stay healthy, or get healthy whatever you think applies :D
- Travel as much as possible
- Keep a stable income outside tournament winnings (sngs, cash)
- Stay humble and down to earth whatever happens
- Keep a stable mindset
- Update this blog once a week

Have a poker trip planned to Venlo which will probably be my next blog entry. Playing the 330 euro side event on friday and the 1080 euro main event on saturday along with some friends. Ill make sure ill have a good story to tell next week!

Have a good week everyone!

1 opmerking: