maandag 13 december 2010

Listen to me, I am the unluckiest guy in the world!

In poker about 80% of the players think they are the unluckiest player in the world, I'm absolutely awful with numbers but that can't be right….The fact that people think they are unlucky does not bother me one bit, it's the fact they can't shut about it is what annoys me! People new to poker might think its fun to talk and hear about how terribly unlucky that hand was but after a while you heard them all. I usually tune out and think about what I'm going to eat tonight (Most players do this when they act like they are thinking during a hand) and try to put on a compassionate face.
It's human nature to complain and in poker it is helped by the fact that only one person has no reason to complain, the winner of the tournament. If you go play a tournament find the players that don't complain, don't curse, don't yell, they are usually the most fun to hang out with and usually are the better players. You will have a fun weekend/day/week and they might learn you a thing or two if you share some jokes and anecdotes instead of bad beat stories. It is a long process to become a player that never complains and it never ends, but when you minimize the times you complain you become a more positive person both in poker and outside poker. 
Dutch people are well known for their complaining, it's become a national sport, there are even special television shows where people get invited to complain about stuff !! Complaining is universal, but in every country it covers different topics. In Holland it is small and annoying stuff people bore you with;  delayed trains, losing sports teams, traffic and the weather are probably the most common subjects  Lets compare this with a few other countries;

Italian shop owner from Napoli:  ''Some mobster wants to have 10% of my profit every week''
Indian guy:  '' Damn India is crowded more than than 1 billion people wtf! '' And look at the train I have to take every day!



Mexican guy: ''I keep trying to cross the border to the U.S to get a better life but some redneck tries to shoot me every time and when I go back some drug lord tries to shoot me :("
Farmer in Bangladesh:  ''All my cows drown every 4-5 months''
Gay guy in Afghanistan: '' When I hold my boyfriends hand on the street some angry people dig me a hole, put me in it and stone me to death''
Kid in Congo:  ''Im hungry"



If your hear those people you think,  hey you have a point, that does suck!  If  people are annoyed by you complaining it means your life is great and you should enjoy it!  Now nothing until sunday have to get back to grinding online.



1 opmerking:

  1. Lekker bezig weer. Blijft lachen met jou. Succes met grinden deze week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen